- Chartered Engineer
- Chartered IT Professional
- Fellow of the British Computer Society, The Chartered Institute for IT
- B Eng (Hons) Electronic Engineering
- Lean practitioner
- Six Sigma green belt
- Prince 2 practitioner
- Microsoft Certified Professional
ICT/Manufacturing Consultant, expert in Lean methodology with proven experience in the manufacturing, software and administrative industries having worked from small enterprises to large, multinational companies. Works to ensure supply chain integration through systems that bring real benefit to the business, and has project managed system implementations from small, incremental improvements to transformational million pound systems.
Current projects within the manufacturing sector include the implementation of ERP solutions for a metal fabrication company, a biotechnology company and a glass supplier. Key contracts with Rio Tinto Alcan in France and the UK involves interactions across the manufacturing environment and demand an in-depth knowledge of process.
- Supported the transition of the Rio Tinto Lochaber smelter to a stand-alone operation.
- Project managed a multinational team from France, UK, Belgium, Canada, Iceland and Australia, applying LEAN methodologies to improve project management administrative processes. Improvements to project administration process meant the EMEA team are able to concentrate more on the projects, reducing the cost on average by 50% and saving the company around £100,000 per annum in cost avoidance.
- Managed the ongoing design and maintenance of the critical line of business application for a major Welsh charity that worked within the construction sector – improving reliability and performance by a considerable margin whilst in parallel working with the customer to ensure that the work which was being carried out was accounted for fairly.
- Managed the development of an innovative environmental monitoring solution using LEAN techniques to improve the internal processes. This transitioned the organisation from losing tens of hours of chargeable time every month due to ineffective processes to being able to bill in full at the end of every month. Improved the specification process, such that the last project worked on came in at 20% under budget, rather than typically 100% over budget that had been the norm.
- Project managed the selection and implementation of a Microsoft ERP system. The system was implemented in 14 weeks – on time and on budget. LEAN principles were used within the team to ensure that the systems were managed as effectively and economically as possible.
- Worked with other IT managers throughout the Rio Tinto company, setting up a shared services IT structure in the EMEA region. The IT service desk for all of the businesses in the European region were migrated to the Toulouse office, whilst retaining on site staff to provide server and desk side support for users.
- Solely responsible for the maintenance of the Celtrol Potline Control System – controlling the aluminium production process that was the single most critical system on the site. It was essential that this system was available 24×7, as an outage of more than 4 hours would bring the viability of the whole site into question.
- Project managed the implementation of a call centre for north Wales LearnDirect calls, which had 6 operators taking calls from all over the north of Wales.
- Repaired & maintained roadside and tunnel control systems, including variable message signs, emergency telephones, ventilation control systems & the command & control systems